Sign up for our newsletter

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by GIZMODO.COM:

An Apple store in Amsterdam’s Leidseplein square was briefly evacuated after an explosion believed to be the result of an overheating iPad battery, Dutch broadcaster AT5 as well as Dutch blog iCulture reported.

The fire was quickly put out by Apple staff who put the device in a container with sand, firefighters were called, and the store was evacuated as a precautionary measure. However, three people who were present during the incident had to be treated for respiratory issues, according to local media.

The article goes on to state the following:

As 9to5Mac noted, apparently unrelated issues with iPhone batteries have resulted in “thermal events” in both Switzerland and Spain this year, with the incident in Zurich resulting in one person suffering minor burns and six others receiving treatment for what was likely smoke inhalation.

BBC News reported:

Three Apple employees have been treated for minor injuries after an iPad battery reportedly exploded in an Amsterdam shop.

The three staff are believed to have breathed vapors released when the battery caught fire.

To weigh in on this information provided by GIZMODO.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.

Sign up for our newsletter

Click here to join the comments

Previous articleREPORT: Pollsters report one party is losing young, female voters permanently
Next articleREPORT: Giuliani taunts Brennan about taking legal action over security clearance revocation


  1. Interesting that just last week my friend had his iPhone ignite in his back pocket. He didn’t notice it until another friend pointed it out and started laughing. By then his whole back pocket was on fire and the 2nd friend had to use his leatherman to pull the phone out of friend #1 pocket! Everyone laughed because friend #2 should have recorded it. But now after reading this article, one must wonder about these things catching fire say while some parents (albeit stupid parents) let their little children play with the phone!

Comments are closed.