REPORT: Google loses “right to be forgotten” legal case

Get the DML App. CLICK HERE

DML News is the most efficient, fair, and balanced news aggregation service on the internet. In our ongoing effort to educate and inform people about what is being published and reported around the world, DML News offers the following information:

Published by CBSNEWS.COM
A U.K. court has ruled in favor an unnamed businessman who wanted Google to remove search results of his past conviction history in a landmark “right to be forgotten” case. The search engine had previously refused to delete results about his conviction, BBC News reports.

Ten years ago, the businessman was convicted of conspiring to intercept communications. He spent six months in jail. He argued that his conviction was no longer relevant to the public.

It is important to note that the article goes on to state the following:

Google said in a statement Friday it would respect the judge’s decision. “We work hard to comply with the right to be forgotten,” it said, “but we take great care not to remove search results that are in the public interest.”

For more on this story, click the "read more" button below.

READ MORE

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend