As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
Google said Thursday that it had shut down 210 YouTube channels after the company learned they were tied to misinformation about the pro-democracy protests in Hong Kong.
The announcement came after Twitter and Facebook suspended nearly 1,000 accounts tied to a Beijing-backed disinformation campaign. YouTube has also faced pressure to remove Chinese state media advertisements from its videos.
The article goes on to state the following:
“Earlier this week, as part of our ongoing efforts to combat coordinated influence operations, we disabled 210 channels on YouTube when we discovered channels in this network behaved in a coordinated manner while uploading videos related to the ongoing protests in Hong Kong,” Shane Huntley of Google Security’s Threat Analysis Group said in a blog post.
#BREAK YouTube’s parent company Google just announced it has disabled 210 YouTube channels that were uploading videos about the ongoing protests in Hong Kong. The company said the channels were linked to the Chinese government.
— Donie O'Sullivan (@donie) August 22, 2019
Google disables 210 YouTube accounts linked to misinformation about Hong Kong protests https://t.co/sTCVR2u1ex
— UPI.com (@UPI) August 23, 2019
To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.