Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by

LANSING, Kan. — The adopted daughter of a retired Army officer living in northeastern Kansas may soon be sent back to South Korea.

The Kansas City Star reports that on Friday, a federal judge in Kansas ruled in favor of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which seeks to deport Hyebin Schreiber, the legally adopted daughter of retired Lt. Col. Patrick Schreiber of Lansing.

The article goes on to state the following:

Schreiber sued after immigration authorities rejected visa and citizenship applications for Hyebin. The woman had been Schreiber’s niece when he and his wife legally brought the then-15-year-old girl to the U.S. in 2012.

Schreiber’s deployment the following year to Afghanistan and bad legal advice led the couple to put off her legal adoption until she was 17. But under immigration law, foreign-born children must be adopted before reaching 16 to derive citizenship from their American parents.

To weigh in on this information provided by, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.


  1. This is the kind of immigration case that should be resolved easily and quickly. To deport this young woman is absurd. If we must protect the DACA folks then we surely should protect this young woman!

  2. There was a time when those entering the country had to have a sponsor. What better representation could this young woman have than being in the situation of adoption. It appears from this article that the problem is caused more by a conflict between state & Federal law, in addition to the this man’s service interrupting the process. There must be a legal way to resolve this and it should be appealed.

Comments are closed.