As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by NYPost.com:
A four-year-old was left fighting for her life after developing deadly sepsis from trying on new shoes.
Sienna Rasul became seriously ill the day after trying different sized shoes on her bare feet.
Little Sienna was later diagnosed with sepsis, which doctors believe she may have picked up from bacteria in the shoes.
The deadly condition can be passed on if bacteria enters the body through an open wound.
Doctors think it’s likely Sienna had a cut, graze or bite on her foot that allowed the bacteria to enter her body.
The article goes on to state the following:
Mom-of-three Jodie took Sienna to the doctors when she started crying in agony the day after the shopping trip.
The doctor spotted the infection and used a pen to draw a line around where the infection had spread.
Jodie, of Aberfan, South Wales, said: “By the next day it had spread up her leg and her temperature was raging.
“I drove her straight into hospital, she was shaking and twitching — it was horrible to see my little girl like that.
“They said it was sepsis and thought they would have to operate.
“But the doctors have managed to drain all the pus from her leg and say the anti-biotic drip will do the job.”
To weigh in on this information provided by NYPost.com, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.
Silent but Deadly no more trying shoes barefoot https://t.co/Bbx9zvLLFf
— Ann Dexter-Jones (@anndexterjones) September 2, 2018
Girl 4 from Aberfan south Wales caught sepsis from trying on new shoes in Cardiff: WARNING GRAPHIC CONTENT: Sienna Rasul, four (infection pictured) fell seriously ill the day after trying on a selection of different size shoes without any socks on at a… https://t.co/LEB7B0q7kD pic.twitter.com/nydWsdL0LD
— Patrick (@cahulaan) August 29, 2018