As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
A North Carolina man died after he was bitten by a fire ant that led to an allergic reaction, his family revealed in an effort to warn others about the insect.
Floyd Edwards died on Sept. 28 after going into Anaphylactic shock that was triggered by a fire ant bite, his family told WTVD. Edwards was in a trailer on his Franklinton property with his sons when he began experiencing some symptoms.
The article goes on to state the following:
“There ain’t no telling how many times he got bit by fire ants,” Edwards’ son, Carlton Curtis, told WTVD. “All of a sudden he says, ‘Carlton, something’s in my throat.'”
According to the family, Edwards went into the house to drink some water but things only got worse. Paramedics arrived at their house and administered two shots with an EpiPen and Benadryl. The efforts to save him fell short — he later died after suffering a severe allergic reaction.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.