Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:

Defense Secretary Jim Mattis has re-authorized up to 4,000 National Guard troops to remain at the southern U.S. border until the fall of next year, the Pentagon said Friday.

Mattis’ original authorization and funding for the border force issued in April was set to expire on Sept. 30 when the fiscal year ends. The move means the force of 2,000 troops now deployed can remain and could grow.

The article goes on to state the following:

President Trump called for the deployment of National Guard troops to aid border agents with what he called a “crisis” of immigrants crossing into the U.S. illegally. Both the Bush and Obama administrations also sent Guardsmen to the southern border.

The Hill further reports:

Mattis earlier this week gave a 12-month extension of the current deployment order, set to expire at the end of the fiscal year, Sept. 30, said Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Jamie Davis.

The guardsmen are authorized to support U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) through Sept. 30, 2019.

“Nothing changes. It’s going to be the same amount of people in the same places,” Davis told The Hill.

To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.