As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM:

TIME TO FILL IN THE BLANKS: Secretary of State Mike Pompeo departed Joint Base Andrews in the predawn hours this morning for his third trip to North Korea, his first since last month’s summit in Singapore between President Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un. Pompeo has insisted that despite the paucity of details in the joint statement signed by Trump and Kim, the U.S. has made very clear precisely what it expects North Korea to do in the coming weeks and months to meet its obligation to dismantle its nuclear weapons and ballistic missile programs.

The statement had only specific points. Both sides agreed to “establish new relations,” and “build lasting and stable peace.” The third point called for North Korea to “work towards complete denuclearization,” and the fourth and final point was the most specific, committing North Korea to recover POW/MIA remains from the Korean War “including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.”

The article goes on to state the following:

Pompeo says the word “complete” covers the full range of actions to achieve the complete, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula. Don’t be surprised if there are no new communiques issued after his meetings. Pompeo has told Congress it serves little purpose to reveal details of negotiations while talks are in progress.

“We go into this eyes wide open,” State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert said Tuesday. “We obviously have a whole lot to talk about. We have at least a day and a half of meetings planned.”

To weigh in on this information provided by WASHINGTONEXAMINER.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here