As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
ST. LOUIS (AP) — A special prosecutor investigating former Missouri Gov. Eric Greitens said Friday that she believed a woman’s claim that Greitens took an unauthorized and compromising photo during an extramarital affair but that but there wasn’t enough evidence to merit a criminal charge.
Jackson County prosecutor Jean Peters Baker declined to refile a felony invasion of privacy charge against Greitens, who resigned last week.
The article goes on to state the following:
A St. Louis grand jury indicted Greitens in February, accusing him of taking a photo of the woman during a March 2015 sexual encounter without her permission while she was blindfolded, bound at the hands and at least partially nude. But St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kim Gardner abruptly dropped the charge last month after a judge said Greitens’ attorneys could call Gardner as a witness, and Baker was later appointed to look into the case.
Greitens resigned from office on June 1 amid ongoing legal battles, including the compromising photo claim and allegations of misuse of a charity donor list.
“I came to Missouri to fight for the people … I thank all the people who worked beside me … the last few months have been incredibly difficult,” he said in a late May announcement. “This ordeal has been designed to cause an incredible amount of strain on my family … designed to cause maximum damage.”
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.