As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by CBSNEWS.COM:
Soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo is being sued by a Nevada woman who said he raped her in the penthouse suite of a Las Vegas hotel in 2009 and then dispatched a team of “fixers” to obstruct the criminal investigation and trick her into keeping quiet for $375,000. Las Vegas police on Monday confirmed to the Associated Press that they have reopened a sexual assault case from 2009 brought by the woman named in the lawsuit.
The suit says the woman asked police last month to reopen the criminal case. The AP does not identify those who say they have been sexually assaulted.
The article goes on to state the following:
Ronaldo’s attorney, Christian Schertz, did not immediately respond to an email seeking comment. But after a report on the case in Der Spiegel last week, he threatened to sue the German magazine, saying: “It violates the personal rights of our client Cristiano Ronaldo in an exceptionally serious way.”
To weigh in on this information provided by CBSNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.