Report: Susan Rice ordered spy agencies to detail Trump calls

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

Former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova revealed on Monday that Barack Obama’s national security adviser, Susan Rice, requested that U.S. spy agencies show her “detailed spreadsheets” of legal phone calls made by Donald Trump and his aides during the 2016 presidential election.

“What was produced by the Intelligence Community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals,” diGenova said in an exclusive interview with The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group Monday.

He further emphasized that the conversations monitored were perfectly legal and that there was no wrongdoing by anyone on the Trump team or those with whom they spoke. “In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls,” said diGenova.

Other anonymous sources confirmed diGenova’s description of said surveillance reports, which Rice reportedly ordered the year before the 2016 presidential election.

Other news sources have reported that Rice was working within a highly-organized operation which involved officials at the National Security Council (NSC); the Department of Defense; James Clapper, President Obama’s director of national intelligence; and John Brennan, Obama’s CIA director.

Former White House Deputy Ben Rhodes allegedly worked with Rice in spying.

Former Obama Deputy Defense Secretary Evelyn Farkas admitted last month in a television interview: “[I] was urging my former colleagues” to “get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration.”

In the weeks after she said this, she attempted to deflect, saying, “I didn’t give anybody anything except advice.”

According to Col. (Ret.) James Waurishuk, a National Security Council veteran and former deputy director of intelligence at the U.S. Central Command, “The surveillance, initially, is the responsibility of the National Security Agency (NSA). They have to abide by this guidance when one of the other agencies says, ‘We’re looking at this particular person which we would like to unmask.’”

Waurishuk also stated, “The lawyers and counsel at the NSA surely would be talking to the lawyers and members of counsel at CIA, or at the National Security Council, or at the director of national intelligence, or at the FBI. It’s unbelievable … the level and degree of the administration to look for information on Donald Trump and his associates, his campaign team, and his transition team.  This is really, really serious stuff.”

“This was a stream of information that was supposed to be hermetically sealed from politics and the Obama administration found a way to blow a hole in that wall,” commented Michael Doran, former NSC senior director, noting that those who acted on behalf of the Obama administration may have committed a felony.

“A leaking of signal intelligence is a felony, and you can get 10 years for that,” said Doran, noting that the system has been terribly abused. “We’re not supposed to be monitoring American citizens. Bigger than the crime is the breach of public trust.”

Using national intelligence assets and capabilities to spy on President Trump and his team before the election could cause a constitutional crisis, warned Waurishuk. “We used an extremely strong capability that’s supposed to be used to safeguard and protect the country,” he said. “And we used it for political purposes by a sitting president. That takes on a new precedent.”

Monday’s revelations are in contrast to what Rice said in an interview on PBS News Hour almost two weeks earlier.  When questioned about Devin Nunes’ allegations that the Trump team might have been under surveillance, she claimed, “I know nothing about this.”

H/T: Daily Caller

JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend