Sign up for our newsletter

Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:

Legendary Syracuse men’s basketball coach Jim Boeheim took to the court Saturday night for the first time since the accident he was involved in earlier in the week that killed a pedestrian, addressing the tragedy in an emotional statement.

The 74-year-old Hall of Fame coach made the comments on the death of 51-year-old Jorge Jimenez after the 75-65 loss to top-ranked Duke, saying it was “something that will be with me for the rest of my life.”

The article goes on to state the following:

“First and foremost to the Jimenez family: I want them to know how truly devastated I am for my involvement and the loss of a loved one,” Boeheim read from a prepared statement. “The grief and pain his family is feeling at this time is, simply put, unimaginable. Juli, my family, and I are heartbroken. I love this community, and to see so many of my community members rally around the Jimenez family is a reminder of how special a community central New York is.”

The accident happened Wednesday night after the Orange’s 20-point victory over No. 18 Louisville at the Carrier Dome. Police said Jimenez was a passenger in a car that apparently skidded out of control on a patch of ice and hit a guardrail. The 51-year-old was trying to get to safety when he was struck by Boeheim’s SUV. Boeheim had swerved to avoid the disabled car, which was resting perpendicular across two lanes, according to police.

Jimenez was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Another man in the car suffered minor injuries. Boeheim has cooperated since the crash and sobriety tests administered to Boeheim and the unidentified driver of the other vehicle were negative for any signs of impairment, according to police. Police Chief Kenton T. Buckner told the Associated Press on Thursday night there was “no reason to believe that there are criminal charges that will be coming for anyone.”

Show your support for President Trump!

To get more information about this article, please visit FOXNEWS.COM. To weigh in, leave a comment below.

Sign up for our newsletter

Click here to join the comments

Previous articleVIDEO: McCabe claims Trump insult ‘bizarre and untrue’
Next articleREPORT: John Wayne Airport should be renamed, some say, after screen legend’s 1971 Playboy interview sparks controversy