As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
NEW YORK (AP) — Tucker Carlson’s top writer has resigned from Fox News after secretly posting racist and sexist remarks online.
CNN reported Friday that writer Blake Neff used a pseudonym to write bigoted comments about Black and Asian people, as well as women, on the online forum AutoAdmit.
The article goes on to state the following:
Neff began working on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in 2016 and was known as Carlson’s top writer. Neff previously worked as a reporter for the right-wing news outlet The Daily Caller, which Carlson co-founded.
Fox News has condemned Neff’s “horrendous and deeply offensive” comments on Saturday.
“We want to make abundantly clear that Fox News Media strongly condemns this horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic behavior,” Fox News Media CEO Suzanne Scott and President Jay Wallace said in a memo to staffers.
The memo continued, “Neff’s abhorrent conduct on this forum was never divulged to the show or the network until Friday, at which point we swiftly accepted his resignation. Make no mistake, actions such as his cannot and will not be tolerated at any time in any part of our work force.”
Tucker Carlson’s top writer resigned after racist online posts he published under a pseudonym surfaced.
In one post last month, Neff wrote: “Black doods staying inside playing Call of Duty is probably one of the biggest factors keeping crime down.”https://t.co/OSuOVC4FMH
— New York Daily News (@NYDailyNews) July 11, 2020
A top writer for Fox News host Tucker Carlson has resigned after reports surfaced that he had posted racist and sexist comments in an online forum known to be a hotbed for offensive and bigoted remarks, Fox News executives said in a memo Saturday. https://t.co/h5hc0DY9Lj
— NBC News (@NBCNews) July 12, 2020
To get more information about this article, please visit APNEWS.COM.