Below is a report that DML News gives a 3 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by

A Bronx father of six was scalded to death in the shower because of a faulty city Housing Authority boiler, his widow claims.

Angel Miller, 40, was home alone with four of his kids in the family’s Hunts Point Avenue apartment in October when he jumped in the shower and at some point, passed out.

His wife of 10 years realized something was very wrong when she texted her older daughter and found out Angel wasn’t answering the kids after up to four hours of being in the locked bathroom with the water running.

The article goes on to state the following:

Jessica Rivera-Miller, 39, raced home to find Angel unconscious in the tub.

“The door, it was hot. I couldn’t open it. I could feel the heat around my feet,” she said. “When I went to touch him, his skin came off. I just started screaming, crying. … I saw his hand was purple, I already saw he was gone.”

A day later a family friend tested the water temperature in the shower — it was 190 degrees, the widow contends. She said NYCHA inspectors didn’t test the water themselves.

The NY Post also reported:

An autopsy found PCP in Miller’s system at the time of his death. With chronic usage, the drug can stay in a person’s system up to eight days, according to the National Institutes of Health.

The grieving widow admits her longtime love used PCP, or angel dust, but insists he never did so at home or around their children.

CLICK HERE to read the full report from the NY Post.

To weigh in on this information provided by, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.