Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by

A Virginia woman who donated her kidney to a stranger is being called a “guardian angel” by the family of the man whose life she likely saved.

“If it wasn’t for [Crysti Shirley] I would be attending a funeral. She is a beautiful person,” Maysa Munsey Slominski, the recipient’s cousin, told Fox News on Wednesday.

The article goes on to state the following:

Until recently, Jim Abed was in desperate need of a new kidney. The Fairfax, Va., man had been on the transplant list roughly two years, receiving dialysis multiple times a week while he waited.

In short, Abed’s time was running out. So, initially against her family’s wishes, Slominski took to Facebook in February with the hope she could find a donor for her cousin.

At first, her call for help went unanswered. But the following month, Slominski’s former co-worker, Crysti Shirley, saw her post for the first time. While she knew Slominski from her previous job, she and Abed were complete strangers.

In mid-March, Shirley was scrolling through her Facebook feed when a post suddenly caught her eye.

“When I say caught my eye, I mean gave me goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach. It was the story of someone’s loved one who needed an O kidney,” she wrote on Facebook.

“I knew in my heart that I was meant to give him my kidney,” Shirley told Fox News. “I can’t explain it.”

After a “whirlwind few months of blood work, evaluations and extensive testing,” Shirley was informed she was Abed’s perfect match.

On July 26, the two underwent the surgery, which took place at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.

“It went beautifully,” Shirley said, adding that she had an “overwhelming sense of peace” and was not nervous the morning of the procedure.

To weigh in on this information provided by, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.