President Trump has had to defend himself against unprecedented attacks from the media and government following his tweet that he was “wiretapped” by the Obama administration, resulting in numerous intelligence leaks to liberal-leaning news outlets.
The Washington Free Beacon reported Wednesday that “The Obama administration worked in its final weeks in office to undermine the incoming Trump White House and continues to do so, according to multiple sources both in and out of the White House.”
“Holdovers from the Obama administration are working to undermine the Trump administration’s agenda through efforts to alter official communications,” the Free Beacon stated.
“Senior government officials who previously worked under President Obama and remain loyal to his agenda” were reportedly behind efforts to undermine President Donald Trump’s administration. Their methods have been made public by President Trump, and have now been confirmed:
“These individuals leak negative information about the Trump White House and its senior staff to a network of former Obama administration officials who then plant this information in key media outlets including the Washington Post and New York Times.”
Finally, top officials are expressing concern “over what they described as an unprecedented effort by the former administration to subvert President Donald Trump’s team.”
The Free Beacon credited anonymous sources in its article, claiming that they “would only speak on background because they were not officially authorized to publicly discuss the situation, which is said to have fostered a level of discomfort and distrust in the West Wing.”
Former national security adviser Michael Flynn was an early victim of intelligence leaks meant to undermine the administration, and now current CIA Director Mike Pompeo is an apparent target.
“We have members of the former administration at the highest levels who, through their actions after January 20, have demonstrated their refusal to recognize the results of the general election,” one senior administration official said. “They have pursued, organized, and managed a comprehensive subversion of the new administration.”
- The president’s travel ban had been “selectively altered to bring it more in line with Obama-era talking points.”
- Language in the orders regarding “radical Islamic terrorism” was mysteriously wiped from the executive order hours before the president was set to sign it.
- Obama-era language about countering violent extremism appeared in place of language targeting “radical Islamic terrorism.”
The orders were quickly rewritten, but everyone working on the document are said to be “spooked.”
- An in-house phone book containing contact information for senior White House staff for internal use was leaked to the press before Flynn signed off on it.
- Obama directed his staff to save up their vacation time all last year and made President Trump’s administration pay them out, costing taxpayers millions.
- The payout handicapped the Trump administration with debt, causing a delay in the hiring of staffers.
“They put land mines everywhere,” said one senior administration official.
Outside of the White House, meanwhile, a team of former Obama administration officials is also working to subvert Trump’s agenda.
Some former Obama administration officials, including Ben Rhodes and Colin Kahl, are working publicly to “purge” the White House by provoking firings of Trump’s West Wing team, “including senior advisers Steve Bannon, Stephen Miller, and Sebastian Gorka, and NSC leaders Michael Anton and KT McFarland.”
Kahl, Rhodes, and others continuously orchestrate damaging stories about Trump officials to their friends in the media.
- Gorka has been falsely accused of being a Nazi sympathizer and an Islamophobe.
- Part of their strategy involves keeping the White House in a “permanent state of defense.”
- Rhodes and others used the same method through the media to push the Iran nuclear deal.
- Many of the same media outlets who were working with Ben Rhodes on his Iran Deal are now striking out at Sebastian Gorka.
“The way it works,” explained one political consultant close to the White House National Security Council, ” is one highly-partisan journalist goes out on a limb in dishonestly characterizing the target. That dishonest story is used to build on the next, in which the original lie is taken as fact, and then repeated in an echo chamber until it becomes conventional wisdom.”
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Secret Service requests millions more to protect Trump