Opting against legal pursuance, five women claiming sexual harassment allegations against Fox News personality Bill O’Reilly have settled their grievances for a reported $13 million.
It is unknown whether Fox News, Bill O’Reilly or both were responsible for the payout.
The five women levying their contentions against O’Reilly depict a timeline spanning as far back as 2004 and as recently as 2016.
According to reports, O’Reilly’s varying acts of harassment included verbal abuse, unwanted sexual advances, inappropriate comments, and lewd phone calls. The purported victims include a former FOX television producer and an in-studio panelist.
The New York Times uncovered the cases of three women previously kept under lock and key. Two more women then came forward with complaints of sexual harassment, where another former producer at the network said the 67-year-old host had verbally abused her.
O’Reilly’s representatives at 21st Century Fox said O’Reilly “denies the merits of these claims.” However, in regards to certain allegations, the company revealed that O’Reilly “resolved those he regarded as his personal responsibility.”
21st Century Fox released the following statement on O’Reilly’s case:
“Notwithstanding the fact that no current or former Fox News employee ever took advantage of the 21st Century Fox hotline to raise a concern about Bill O’Reilly, even anonymously, we have looked into these matters over the last few months and discussed them with Mr. O’Reilly. While he denies the merits of these claims, Mr. O’Reilly has resolved those he regarded as his personal responsibility. Mr. O’Reilly is fully committed to supporting our efforts to improve the environment for all our employees at Fox News.”
H/T: The Hill
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Trump Tweets: Saturday