Stallone Slams Performers Who Shun Inauguration

A number of well-known celebrities have snubbed even the very suggestion of performing at Donald Trump’s inauguration, but one musician has called them a “disgrace.”

Frank Stallone, younger brother to actor Sylvester Stallone, is an actor, singer and song writer.   He has also been a very vocal supporter of Trump throughout his campaign.

Stallone shared an Instagram post Thursday evening, calling out those who have sneered at the suggestion of performing for the inauguration, or turned down an invitation:

“I think it’s a disgrace that all these so called performers have pulled out of the inauguration. They are a disgrace to the arts and to this country. If I get the call I’ll pay my own flight and I’ll be there in a New York second and I won’t need to lip sync like some of the others. God Bless you Mr. Trump 2027.”

(One person commented on his obvious typo, indicating he likely meant to write 2017 at the end of his statement.)

Confirmed performers so far only include 16-year-old Jackie Evancho, an “America’s Got Talent” runner-up, the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and the Rockettes.

Trump has made it clear in a Twitter post Thursday that he’s not losing any sleep over being shunned by celebrities:

According to Fox News, the following have declined:

  • Gene Simmons’ wife told TMZ KISS “politely declined” the invitation to perform at the inauguration. Simmons said he would be touring Europe at the time.

  • Trump’s longtime friend Steve Wynn reportedly promised to deliver Celine Dion to perform at the inauguration, but could not follow through.

  • Producer David Foster released a statement “politely declining” the offer to participate in the inauguration after rumors swirled he was participating.

  • Elton John told the New York Times he was not performing after Anthony Scaramucci, a member of the presidential transition team, told the BBC the singer would sing a song or two.

  • Page Six reported that Andrea Bocelli will not perform because of the backlash he received over accepting the gig. They also reported that President-Elect Trump suggested the tenor not participate because of said backlash.

  • Variety and the NY Post have reported that Garth Brooks will not perform at the inauguration after he said earlier this month he “would be honored” to perform. Brooks did not return FOX411’s request for comment.

  • The manager for the band Chainsmokers had to respond to New York Magazine’s Brian Feldman after he tweeted the band was performing. They are not.

  • “Will and Grace” star Eric McCormack told The Wrap he would perform at the inauguration, but only in exchange for a lobotomy, adding: “My whole brain removed from my head…I don’t know what the line-up will be, but I hear Scott Baio’s doing dramatic readings.”   There is no indication that McCormack was asked.

 

 

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook