One unlucky Starbucks customer plans to sue the company this week after she accidentally dumped scalding hot tea on herself and her dog, later causing the pet to die.
Deanna Salas-Solano, 58, filed a lawsuit against the coffee shop on Friday, saying she and her pet sustained the injuries due to being handed a tea with an unsecured lid in the Starbucks drive thru that morning, KDVR reports.
Salas-Solano has been sitting on this for a long time, recounting the incident from back in September of 2015. The $100,000 law suit states that when Salas-Solano was handed the unsecured tea, she promptly spilled the scalding hot liquid onto her stomach, legs and lap. When she cried out, she startled her pet, which leapt onto her lap causing her to spill more of the tea onto the animal. She says she rushed the dog to the vet but it was too late and the dog died of the injuries a “short time” later.
The mega corporation doesn’t appear to be fazed, however, as it claims it has evidence that clearly contradicts Salas-Solano’s sentiment.
“We have video evidence that clearly contradicts the claims made by the plaintiff and believe they are without merit,” the company said in a statement.
“We look forward to presenting our case in court. While we are sympathetic to Ms. Salas-Solano and the injuries she sustained, we don’t have any reason to believe our partner (employee) was at fault.”
See images of the burns on Salas-Solano and her pet below:
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.