Julio Macías González, 17, of Mexico City began having convulsions while at dinner with his family. The teen had spent the evening with his 24-year-old girlfriend – identified only as “Iris.”
Iris had marked his neck with a hickey earlier that day not knowing her show of affection would later turn deadly for her boyfriend.
According to Mexican media reports, doctors believe the suction of the hickey resulted in a blood clot, which traveled to Gonzalez’s brain and caused the stroke.
When paramedics were called to the Gonzalez’s home, he could not be resuscitated and died shortly afterward.
This isn’t the first time a hickey has been reported to have caused serious medical problems.
A similar case was reported by the New Zealand Medical Journalin 2010 when a 44-year-old woman developed sudden-onset left arm paralysis. Doctors discovered a hickey on the woman’s neck and linked it to the neurological symptoms the woman experienced.
Who would have thought something so innocent could actually be fatal?
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Airline Petrifies Parents Over Child Swap Mishap