In Indiana, 11 teenagers became ill and had to be hospitalized after they consumed gummy bears reportedly laced with THC, a substance associated with and found in marijuana.
La Porte County Police said they are investigating the incident after they got a call from a teen asking for medical assistance. When police arrived at the home, they found a 19 year-old man outside the residence.
“The male told Deputy Phillips that he had ingested an unknown type drug and was ill and wanted to go to the emergency room,” a press release from the La Porte County Sheriff’s Office stated.
The young man said his friends, who were at a house not far from him, also consumed the drug.
Police were able to locate the home where they discovered the other male and female teenagers, aged between 18 to 19-years-old.
“All complained of rapid heart rate, pain in their legs and blurred vision; several were suffering from hallucinations,” police said.
Police confirmed that the gummy bears were in fact laced with THC, also known as tetrahydrocannabinol, a substance found in marijuana.
The teenagers were taken to hospitals and police are investigating where the gummy bears came from and if criminal charges will be implemented.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Number of Americans without health insurance changes significantly