The Muslim man who used a huge truck as a weapon to kill 84 people in Nice, France on Thursday somehow became radicalized very quickly and hadn’t even yet shown up on any anti-terrorist intelligence radar, French Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve said Saturday.
“It seems that the attacker got radicalized very rapidly,” Cazeneuve said of Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, 31.
The minister said Bouhlel had not been known to the intelligence services previously, and he noted that authorities now face a new scenario with individuals who are becoming very sensitive to the messages of ISIS.
Earlier Saturday, a statement from ISIS’ media group, Amaq Agency, said that an ISIS “soldier” carried out the attack in Nice. New video of the terror attack shows the truck as it plows into people walking in the street.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
TERROR GROUP TAKES CREDIT FOR NICE, FRANCE