Toddler Saves Trapped Twin Brother


A Utah family shared a heart-stopping video on YouTube, showing a 2-year-old boy lifting a fallen dresser off of his twin brother after the dresser tumbled over on top of them when they were climbing on it.

In a Facebook post, father, Ricky Shoff, wrote, “I’ve been a little hesitant to post this. But I feel it’s not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible. We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share.” 

The video, a clip that was captured by the family’s nursery surveillance camera, shows 2-year-old Brock, underneath the dresser.  His brother Bowdy, realizing his brother is in trouble, calmly walks around the dresser, trying to figure out how to help his trapped twin.

At first, he tries to lift it up with his bare hands – but it’s just too heavy.  He then attempts to push the dresser, successfully getting it to move enough to free his brother.  Brock, who is crying, is then comforted by his heroic brother.


Kayli Shoff, the twins’ mother, said that she did not hear the young boy’s cry, and that when she returned the to room, the boys were playing together as if nothing had happened.

“We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock,” Shoff wrote. “And feel blessed that he is okay. Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall.”

The family posted the video in hopes that it would bring awareness to how dangerous unsecured furniture can be.

While the Shoff’s were praised by some, others have criticized the family for the terrifying video.

Cynthia L Snyder said: “Just teach children how to behave and that the world isn’t a jungle gym.”

“Somehow there are many generations that have grown up without furniture being bolted.”

“It’s not the dresser’s fault. Parents need to be held accountable.”

Iriish said, “First thought…why is the house not baby-proofed. Second thought…beautiful baby brothers and I’m so glad they are ok. Time to step up and realize the worst can happen to you. Keep your kids safe by preventing accidents before hand.”

“Parents who don’t hear the commotion equals people who shouldn’t have children.”

According to the Daily Mail, some people have “questioned the validity of the video, saying it was staged to help Mr. Shoff sell the equipment used to film the incident.”

The family denied the claims.

Others showed support of the parents, like Ashley Martines, who said, “Mistakes happen. This is not to bash any parents.”

Recently Ikea paid out $50 million to the parents of three children who lost their lives due to separate instances of falling furniture sold by the mega retailer.

According to the US Consumer Product Safety Commission, more than 25,400 children are injured every year by falling furniture, televisions or appliances.



H/T: The Daily Mail

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.


Comment via Facebook

Send this to a friend