President Trump has begun the process of filling the 93 US Attorney positions which are currently vacant, announcing Monday his selections for eight of the empty positions.
All previous US attorney’s holding that role from the Obama administration were either fired or resigned soon after Trump’s inauguration.
According to the Daily Caller, Trump has nominated the following:
- D. Michael Dunavant – nominated as US Attorney for the Western District of Tennessee. Dunavant has been the district attorney general for the 25th Judicial District in Tennessee since 2006.
- Louis V. Franklin, Sr. – nominated as US Attorney for the Middle District of Alabama, where he has been a federal prosecutor for nearly 27 years.
- Justin E. Herdman – nominated as US Attorney for the Northern District of Ohio. Herdman is a former federal prosecutor.
- John W. Huber – nominated as US Attorney for the District of Utah, where he currently serves as interim US Attorney.
- Brian J. Kuester – nominated as US Attorney for the Eastern District of Oklahoma. Kuester has been a district attorney for the past six years.
- Jessie K. Liu – nominated at US Attorney for the District of Columbia.
- Richard W. Moore – nominated as US Attorney for the Southern District of Alabama, he is currently the inspector general for the Tennessee Valley Authority.
- Jay E. Town – nominated as US Attorney for the Norther District of Alabama, he is currently a senior prosecutor.
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
New report: Obama had “back door” message channel to Russia