President Trump’s White House payroll reflects an estimated four-year savings of approximately $22 million. This takes into account the fact that President Trump, his daughter Ivanka, and son-in-law Jared Kushner have refused salaries, as well as other cost savings, such as a smaller staff for the first lady. Unlike Michele Obama, Melania will have no “czars”, and no more “fellowships”.
On Friday, the Trump administration released its annual report to Congress regarding White House Office Personnel, including the name, status, salary and position title of all 377 White House employees.
- Trump’s White House staff employs 110 fewer people than Obama did at this point in their respective presidencies.
- $5.1 million in payroll savings vs. the Obama FY2015 payroll.
- In 2017, the Trump payroll amounts to $35.8 million for 377 employees, while the Obama payroll amounted to $40.9 million for 476 employees (FY2015).
- Currently, there are five staffers dedicated to Melania Trump vs. 24 staffers who served Michelle Obama (FY2009).
- There are 22 “Assistants to the President”, which is the same (22) for both administrations.
- In the Trump White House, Steven Bannon, Kellyanne Conway, Omarosa Manigault, Reince Priebus, Sean Spicer and 17 others make salaries of $179,700.
- The highest compensated White House Trump staffer is Mark House, Senior Policy Advisor, who receives $187,500 because he is “on detail” from a federal agency which allows him to exceed the top pay-grade of $179,700.
Here are the payroll numbers for the five staffers dedicated to First Lady Melania Trump:
- Lindsay Reynolds, Chief of Staff to the First Lady ($179,700);
- Stephanie Grisham, Director of Communications for the First Lady ($115,000);
- Anna Niceta, Social Secretary ($115,000)
- Timothy Tripepi, Deputy Chief of Staff of Operations for the First Lady ($115,000);
- Mary-Kathryn Fisher, Deputy Director of Advance for the First Lady ($77,000).
President Trump has said that he will not take a paycheck, but Article II of the United States Constitution mandates a presidential salary. So, after the first quarter, President Trump donated his pay to the Dept. of Interior for construction and repair needs at military cemeteries.
TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
TRUMP TWEET: International