Two gang members, one an illegal alien, rape and kidnap girl in Maryland, local paper fails to report immigration status

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

Police in Frederick, Maryland, are investigating the case of a brutal kidnapping and rape of an 18-year-old female high school student by three young men, and at least one of them has now been identified as an illegal alien — a fact the media at first failed to report.

The incident occurred at around 12:30 a.m. on Sep. 1, as the victim was walking home to her apartment in the Hillcrest area.

The victim told police in an interview on Sep. 5 that she was attacked by three young men, two of whom she recognized as her classmates at school. The attackers allegedly grabbed her from behind by her hair, slapped her, and cut her chest with a knife.

They then took her cell phone and dragged her to a nearby vehicle, telling her that they were ordered to do it by a younger female acquaintance. The young men forced a rag into the victim’s mouth and drove her to an apartment, where the two identified as her classmates raped her over the next few hours.

The third attacker recorded the crime with a cell phone. The victim reported that he had his face covered and she did not recognize his voice.

The two rapists were identified as Edgar Natanal Chicas-Hernandez, 17, and Victor Antonio Gonzalez-Guttierres, 19, who is an illegal alien from El Salvador.

The girl said both were known to be involved in gangs.

After several hours, the three men reportedly took the victim back to her own apartment complex and released her, but warned that if she were to report the incident, “next time it will be worse.”

The victim did go to police a few days later, despite the threats.

Chicas-Hernandez was arrested Sep. 12 and is being charged as an adult, due to the severity of the crime. Gonzalez-Guttierres was taken into custody the next day.

The third suspect, who filmed the attack, is reportedly not yet in custody.

The younger female acquaintance, who is suspected to be the mastermind behind the attack, is under investigation. Detectives have reportedly obtained copies of social media conversations where she outlined her plan to extort the victim for money.

“There is some evidence that this victim [the older girl] was indirectly threatened before the incident,” Detective Joe Palkovic said. “We’re still evaluating that information and investigating it.”

The younger girl told investigators that there are several fake social media accounts which claim to be hers, and denied that she was involved in the crime.

Fox5 DC reported that according to court documents,  the victim’s younger sister may have been in on the attack, and even offered to allow her boyfriend to watch a video of her sister being raped for a “night of pleasure.”

Fox News reported that Gonzalez-Guttierres had already been pegged by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, as an ICE statement said he was released on an immigration bond on April 27. ICE has now lodged an immigration detainer against him.

The local newspaper, The Frederick News-Post, failed to mention anything about the immigration status of the attackers, stating that, “The Frederick News-Post generally does not publish information that could risk exposing the identities of minors or those identified as alleged victims of sex crimes.”

An official with the Frederick Police Department claimed the crime is very rare.

“This is very, very rare in my experience,” said Detective Joe Palkovic, an assistant supervisor in the Frederick Police Department’s Criminal Investigations Division. “The violence of it and the nature of the crime, the fact that this involves someone laying in wait, kidnapping the victim, and then taking her to a separate location to rape her, is very rare.”

“We’re looking into all possible gang affiliations and ties to see if the suspects have or had any ties to local gangs or transnational gangs,” Frederick Sgt. Andrew Alcorn reportedly told FOX5 DC. “This is not a common occurrence in Frederick. It’s a very quiet town and we like to keep it that way. And when an incident like this occurs, we put all our available resources into solving it.”

“The third, unidentified man mentioned in the charging documents has not been charged. … As the investigation continues, however, we do anticipate there being additional charges in this case,” said Lt. Clark Pennington, commander of the police department’s Criminal Investigations Division.

TEAM DML blankets on sale now for Christmas (BUY NOW)

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

 

Comment via Disqus

Send this to a friend