U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) has announced new recruitment events in the northeast, as they are searching for “hard-working, dedicated men and women” to protect the nation.
According to the CBP website, the primary duty of an officer is “to protect the nation by detecting and preventing terrorists and their weapons from entering the U.S. while facilitating the orderly flow of legitimate trade and travel.”
CBP officers are required to perform wide-ranging tasks that include:
- Conveyance and traveler inspection
- Passenger and cargo analysis
- Examination and law enforcement activities relating to revenue and trade
- Seizure of contraband
- Interdiction of agricultural pests and diseases
- Admissibility of persons at 328 ports of entry located at airports, seaports and land borders
In addition to CBP officer duties, “employees work in a variety of areas of expertise, including trade, agriculture, intelligence, information technology, finance and human resources,” says the website.
The position is listed as a full-time uniformed position that “requires regular qualification and carrying of a firearm.” The site also mentions that paid training is included at CBP’s Field Operations Academy located in Glynco, Georgia.
Applicants must be a U.S. citizen and resident for the last three years, have a valid driver’s license and pass a medical examination, fitness, and drug tests, as well as a thorough background investigation and polygraph examination, used to determine suitability for the position.
Eligible candidates must also be referred for selection prior to reaching their 40th birthday (limited exceptions may apply).
CBP has several upcoming recruitment events scheduled at the following locations throughout New England:
- Area Port of Boston: April 26, 2017, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. at Boston Career Fair, Hilton Garden Inn, 450 Totten Pond Road, Waltham, MA 02451
- Area Port of St. Albans: May 23, 2017, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. at 4th Annual Vermont Career Connections, The Sheraton Burlington Hotel, 870 Williston Road, South Burlington, VT 05403
- Area Port of Portland: July 17, 2017, 10- a.m. – 2 p.m. at Hiring Our Heroes, Great Bay Community College, 320 Corporate Drive, Portsmouth, NH 03801
“CBP offers opportunities for those looking for a challenging and rewarding career, protecting America,” said regional CBP Recruiter Sean Maher. “Whether on the frontline or behind the scenes, CBP needs eligible applicants to fill positions in both domestic and in some cases, international roles.”
— CBP (@CustomsBorder) April 19, 2017
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
REPORT: Number of Asylum Seekers Leaving USA to Canada Triples