U.S. diplomats’ strange sicknesses in Cuba forcing Tillerson to make decisions

Support our flag. Get the bumper sticker. CLICK HERE

Incident reports are piling up at the U.S. Embassy in Cuba following a string of unexplained illnesses and health issues that were discovered in American diplomats.

As a response to the strange anomaly, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Sunday that the Trump administration is considering a possible closure of the embassy. “We have it under evaluation,” Tillerson told CBS News’ “Face the Nation.” “It’s a very serious issue.”

In total, 21 Americans have been confirmed to have suffered some kind of medical harm in Havana. According to Tillerson, the State Department has brought home some of the people affected by the strange illnesses. Last week, State Department spokeswoman Heather Nauert mentioned the Trump administration is considering pulling more staff from the embassy due to safety concerns.

Originally, Tillerson called the reported issues “health attacks.” However, the State Department now officially refers to them as “incidents.”

Some of the reported health incidents, according to U.S. officials, include victims suffering from hearing loss. In a few cases, mild brain damage has been reported, possibly from sound waves.

A number of U.S. senators are urging Tillerson to terminate the embassy in Cuba’s capital.

Cuban President Raul Castro has claimed his government had nothing to do with the sick diplomats. While an investigation is ongoing, officials have not determined the cause behind the possible “health attacks.”

In a statement to Fox News last week, Nauert said it “obviously” was a dangerous situation.

“We are tremendously concerned about that. … Our folks can come back to the United States if they wish to do so,” said Nauert. “It shows the bravery, the hard work and the dedication of Americans, whether they are serving in Cuba or whether they are serving anywhere across the world. … I want to recognize them and let them know that we care, we certainly have not forgotten about them, and that this investigation is aggressive.”

JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.

If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).

To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.







 

Comment via Facebook

 

Comment via Disqus

Send this to a friend