As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by APNEWS.COM:
The man who wrested the gun away from the suspect in Nashville’s Waffle House shooting says he had entered the restaurant just two minutes ahead of the gunman.
James Shaw Jr. says he had gone to eat early Sunday after visiting a nightclub. He then heard gunshots, but initially thought they were stacks of plates that had fallen over. Shaw says it was then that he saw restaurant workers scatter and a body near the front door as the gunman burst through the entrance.
“He shot through that door; I’m pretty sure he grazed my arm. At that time I made up my mind … that he was going to have to work to kill me. When the gun jammed or whatever happened, I hit him with the swivel door,” Shaw told a news conference Sunday.
The article goes on to state the following:
Authorities are hailing Shaw as a hero for preventing further bloodshed at the restaurant.
See Shaw describe the encounter during a news conference HERE.
The suspect in the shooting, Travis Reinking, 29, is still on the loose and was known to police.
The AP reports:
Authorities say the suspect in a deadly shooting at a restaurant in Nashville was arrested last year by the U.S. Secret Service for being in a restricted area near the White House.
Metro Nashville Police Department spokesman Don Aaron said 29-year-old Travis Reinking’s firearms authorization was then revoked at the request of the FBI, and four weapons were seized, including the AR15 that he allegedly used in the shooting at the Waffle House restaurant early Sunday. Four people were killed.
To weigh in on this information provided by APNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.