As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by FOXNEWS.COM:
DETROIT – The head of the Girl Scouts says that while the organization is disappointed that the Boy Scouts have decided to accept girls it is focused on helping “parents understand the benefits of Girl Scouts.”
“At Girl Scouts, we’re going to stay completely focused on girls. The ‘girl’ is going to stay in Girl Scouting,” Sylvia Acevedo, the CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA, told The Associated Press on Wednesday. “We were disappointed that an organization that we had partnered with for 100 years decided to accept girls, but you know what? Our focus is on what we do really well.”
The article goes on to state the following:
Acevedo was in Detroit to attend an evening ribbon-cutting ceremony for a new headquarters for the southeastern Michigan chapter.
Her visit comes at a time of strained relations between the Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts of America, which last month announced a new name for its Boy Scouts program: Scouts BSA. The change will take effect in February. The parent organization will remain the Boy Scouts of America, and the Cub Scouts — the program that serves children from kindergarten through fifth grade — also will keep its title. But the Boy Scouts, the program for 11- to 17-year-olds, will be known as Scouts BSA. The organization already has started admitting girls into the Cub Scouts, and Scouts BSA will begin accepting girls in 2019.
To weigh in on this information provided by FOXNEWS.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.