Below is a report that DML News gives a 4 OUT OF 4 STARS trustworthiness rating. We base this rating on the following criteria:

  • Provides named sources
  • Reported by more than one notable outlet
  • Does not insert opinion or leading words
  • Includes supporting video, direct statements, or photos

Click here to read more about our rating system.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News offers the following information published by BREITBART.COM:

Portland police were accused Sunday of being heavy-handed against people protesting a rally by pro-freedom marchers, reportedly injuring members of Antifa and prompting the city’s new police chief to order a review of officers’ use of force.

Police in riot gear tried to keep the two groups apart, many of whom had come on Saturday dressed for battle in helmets and protective clothing. Dozens of the pro-freedom marchers traveled to Portland, one of America’s most liberal cities, from nearby Vancouver, Washington.

The article goes on to state the following:

This weekend’s clashes were the most recent of several this year in the city as right-wing groups converged, met by far-left protesters, including members of the left-wing terrorist organization Antifa. City officials have struggled with striking a balance between free speech and keeping events from spiraling out of control.

Yet on Saturday, some alleged police seemed to act mostly against Antifa, using stun grenades and what appeared to be rubber bullets against them.

Police “targeted Portland residents peacefully counter-protesting against racist far-right groups, including white supremacists, white nationalists, and neo-Nazi gangs,” the Oregon chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations and the Portland chapter of the Democratic Socialists of America claimed in a statement.

The Patriot Prayer, the organizing group which put the rally together, is led by Joey Gibson, who described his heritage as Japanese.

Police ordered the counter-protesters to disperse, then moved in behind a volley of stun grenades. One of the rounds reportedly hit a far-left protester in the head, becoming embedded in his helmet and injuring him. One woman was taken to a hospital after being hit in the arm and chest with a “flash-bang” grenade, local media reported. The blasts echoed through downtown Portland.

Four people were arrested.

To weigh in on this information provided by BREITBART.COM, engage in our LIVE CHAT below. Scroll down.