The White House published a press release Thursday, listing President Trump’s achievements during his first six months in office, including:
- Steps taken to bring accountability back to government
- Nomination and appointment of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch
- Spurring jobs creation
- Cutting back job-killing regulations
- Unleashing production of American energy, including the Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines
- Promoting a “Free and fair trade agenda,” including withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Restoring law and order to immigration
- Providing for the nation’s veterans
- “America First” foreign policy and national security
An opinion editorial in Fortune published Thursday evening, written by Thomas Binion, described “what Trump has done right” in his first 6 months. Binion said President Trump “came to power as a wrecking ball,” including his campaign promise to “drain the swamp” and his inaugural address that put the establishment on notice.
He noted Trump’s success in dealing with world leaders, as well as winning confirmation of Neil Gorsuch as Supreme Court justice. Binion admitted Trump’s Twitter posts “upset the apple cart” almost every day, and can be painful at times, but said the transparency “is as anti-establishment as it gets.”
“Clearly, Washington is a far different place today than it was six months ago. The economy is stronger. The regulatory state is shrinking, not growing. Our international relationships are taking a decidedly different shape. The federal judiciary is taking on a more conservative cast, and our laws are being enforced at the borders.”
Thursday, the White House also released a video montage of President Trump’s first six months in office, featuring clips and inspirational quotes from some of the many speeches he has given over the past six months.
Beginning with his inauguration, the video also covered Trump’s speeches at various events and factories, his address to the Joint Sessions of Congress, at Arlington, in Saudia Arabia, Israel, and Poland.
Watch the video below:
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.