Donald Trump met with Senator Joni Ernst on Monday. Thus, sparking new speculation that Ernst is being vetted for the VP spot. Here is a snapshot of who she is and what she’s done:
– Joni Ernst, 46-years-old.
– Elected to the U.S. Senate to represent Iowa during the 2015 midterm elections.
– First woman ever elected to represent Iowa in Congress.
– First female veteran ever to serve in the Senate.
– Ernst was a member of the Iowa Army National Guard and served in Kuwait during the Iraq War. She retired from the military in 2015.
– Ernst first gained national attention during her senate campaign for her famous “Squeal” commercial, in which she would make Washington politicians squeal just like the pics she castrated while growing up on a farm. (video below)
Here’s a look at how Ernst stands on several major issues:
1) Ernst has an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association.
Ernst voted for the Johnson Amendment, which would have kept suspected terrorists from obtaining a gun for up to 23 business days so the FBI could investigate the suspect.
The NRA has praised Ernst because she opposes universal background checks, a federal gun database and an EPA ban on traditional ammunition.
2) Ernst Supported an Iowa State Amendment to Ban Gay Marriage.
Ernst co-sponsored a bill to create a constitutional amendment to the state constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman.
Ernst is pro-life and says she supports legislation that would ban abortions after five months of pregnancy. She also supports taking taxpayer money away from Planned Parenthood.
4) Ernst made her support of Marco Rubio’s presidential run known when she introduced the Florida senator at a rally in Des Moines. But she stopped short of a full endorsement, saying she will stay neutral in the Republican presidential primary.
5) Immigration. Ernst receives a “B” rating from immigration group, NumbersUSA.
In 2015, Ernst came under fire for her failure to address what many consider to be one of the biggest constitutional overreaches by a president in U.S. history. Ernst, in her prime time response to President Barack Obama’s State of the Union address, didn’t mention the fact that Obama just weeks earlier announced an executive amnesty for millions of illegal aliens that Obama himself has said at least 22 times over several years he didn’t have the authority to do.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.