Written by DML
I announced last week during a Walk & Talk that I will be putting in an hour of work each day towards the production of a film called, Fighting For Trump (see opening segment below). I hope to be finished with the film by December 2017, and the goal is to have it play in theaters nationwide. But there’s a book coming out as well, and I’d like some of you to be involved.
Fighting For Trump the film will have a primary plot, and a sub-plot. The primary plot will focus on what it means to “make America great again.” Regardless of Trump being the president or not, the film will address the problems facing America and why they need to be fixed.
The sub-plot addresses the question, “why do you fight for Trump.” People who fight for Trump often get asked, “How can you defend this man?” Each of us have our own reasons for supporting Trump the candidate, and Trump the president. Some of the reasons overlap, but many of them are personal. For example, my reasons for fighting for Trump are different than Harlan Hill’s reasons. (Harlan, who is a Democrat, often serves as co-host of the Walk & Talk).
To compliment the film, I will be publishing a book that I’ve been writing for nearly two years. Although the book has changed some from its original version — it was originally called ‘Fighting For America’ — the manuscript that will be sent to book publishers highlights 33 people who at some point began fighting for Trump.
I have either interviewed these 33 people for the book, for the film, or held discussions on some level, and at some point about Trump. Each person makes up his or her own chapter, and the chapter reveals why they are fighting for Trump and the price they have paid for doing so.
Some of the people are well-known, others are not — they are simply everyday Americans. Although I do not want to reveal all the names (*), here is a list of the people who are profiled in the book, Fighting For Trump:
1. Dennis Michael Lynch (news media)
2. Harlan Hill (Democratic strategist)
3. Sean Hannity (news media)
4. Former presidential candidate and state governor*
5. Dr. Ben Carson (doctor and Trump cabinet member)
6. John Roland (news media, retired)
7. Famous A-list actor*
8. Michael Cutler (Immigration & Customs Enforcement agent — Democrat)
9. NYC police officer*
10. Former Trump employee*
11. WWII veteran*
12. Young black teenager*
13. White gay man*
14. Former female Trump campaign volunteer*
15. Father of a son who overdosed on heroin*
16. FBI employee*
17. Broadway actress*
18. Hispanic immigration activist, female*
19. Anti-Muslim extremist activist*
20. U.S. Army General Bob Dees, Retired
21. Terminally ill veteran*
22. Small business owner*
23. Former radical Islamic activist*
24. Well-know evangelist*
25. Muslim immigrant*
26. Single mother of two children*
27. GOP leader*
28. Famous TV star*
29. Mother of 3 who operates a political blog*
30. DML donor
As shown above, there are three open slots. I would like you to potentially be one of those three people. I will interview you directly, via the phone, and listen to everything you have to say about why you fight for Trump. To be considered, send me a message using our submit news tab above. Here is what you need to do:
1. Send me 100 words minimum, but no more than 150 words, explaining why you fight for Trump.
2. Include what you do, or what you did, for a living.
3. Include city and state where you live.
4. Include your age, or at least your age range (e.g. “in my 7o’s)
5. Tell of one instance where you were challenged because of your support for Trump and what was the result of that challenge. Example: ‘My brother and I no longer speak over this election.”
6. Include your first and last name, and an email address and phone number for me to contact you.
7. List the top two issues facing America that concerns you most.
8. Title your submission: ‘Fighting For Trump book’
Please keep in mind I will receive many responses. I cannot respond to all, and I will be picking just three people. Keep in mind that if you are selected, I will need to publish your full name in the book, and I will require a photograph of you to be included in the book. Also keep in mind, that if your submission is far less than 100 words, or far greater than 150, it will not be considered. Failure to address the items requested will likely result in the submission being overlooked.
"BUILD THE WALL" bumper stickers now on sale. (BUY NOW)
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Ice Cube schools Bill Maher on using the n-word