Russian citizen Ekaterina Fedyaeva, 27, was accidentally embalmed alive at a hospital in Ulyanovsk when doctors mistakenly injected her with a chemical used to preserve the composition of corpses.

During a common surgery, Fedyaeva was given a formaldehyde-based drip instead of saline, which resulted in painful convulsions and a coma.

The New York Post reports the following:

“A Russian woman was embalmed alive when doctors unwittingly put her on a formaldehyde-based drip instead of saline during a surgery, according to a report Sunday.

Ekaterina Fedyaeva, 27, died from the gruesome medical blunder in which her veins were pumped full of the chemical, which is generally used to prevent the decomposition of corpses, according to the UK Sun.

“This is pure murder,” said her mother, Galina Baryshnikova, according to the paper. “[It] was simply eroding her body from inside.”

Fedyaeva was getting a routine surgery at a hospital in Ulyanovsk last month when doctors placed her on a formalin drip — which can also be used as a disinfectant, the paper reported.

She suffered pain and convulsions for two days before falling into a coma and being rushed to a hospital in Moscow, her mom said, according to the paper.

“Her legs were moving, she had convulsions, her whole body was shaking,” Baryshnikova said.”I put socks on her, then a robe, then a blanket, but she was shivering to such an extent, I can’t even describe it.””

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here