FLORIDA — A couple’s car exploded Sunday after a woman lit a cigarette inside an SUV with a propane, barbecue grill in it.
Orlando Police Lt. Cindy Lane said the couple, whose names have not been released, left a barbecue at Central Florida Fairgrounds and placed the grill in the back seat of their Kia Sorento with the propane tank open and the grill turned on.
After the explosion, the car continued traveling until it crashed into a pole, according to reports.
Photos posted by the Orlando Police show the SUV with its roof partially blown off, the windshield blown out, and dents all over the vehicle.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
DML: I Respond to 4 Interesting Emails You Sent Me