A 46-year-old New Jersey woman sustained serious injuries after a can of nonstick cooking spray exploded while she was cooking on her stovetop Friday, according to the Toms River Police Department.
Ralph Stocco, a spokesman for the Toms River Police Department, released a statement that the woman, whose name has not yet been disclosed, was badly burned around 5:30 Friday evening after the can suddenly exploded, spraying out a hot liquid that caused a small fire in her kitchen. The fire quickly spread to her face, torso, and thighs, said the police report.
When authorities arrived at her at Almond Drive residence, the woman was on the front porch of her home, Stocco said.
The Silverton Fire Department was able to extinguish the flames before it spread to other parts of the woman’s home.
The woman was treated by paramedics on-site before being airlifted to a Burn Center at St. Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston for further treatment.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT to SAVE THE NATIONAL ANTHEM
Please join the thousands of DML readers who have purchased a bumper sticker. CLICK HERE.
If you would like to receive Breaking News text alerts on a smartphone or tablet, download the DML APP which is completely FREE and easy to use. Go to the Google Play Store or the IOS App Store and search for DML APP. Be sure to keep the app’s notifications setting on. Another way to receive alerts is to text to 40404 the following message: follow @realdennislynch (be sure to put a space between the word follow and the @ symbol).
To see more stories like this, sign up below for Dennis Michael Lynch’s email newsletter.
Sign up to get breaking news alerts from Dennis Michael Lynch.
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber reverses brain damage in toddler