Sign up for DML's newsletter

After a desperate manhunt on Friday that extended into Saturday morning, law enforcement in Michigan have taken James and Jennifer Crumbley into custody in Detroit.

“Yes they are both in custody and will be on the way to the Oakland County Jail soon,” said Oakland County Undersheriff Mike McCabe, according to the Detroit Free Press. “Kudos to Detroit PD and all the other agencies that assisted.”

SCROLL DOWN FOR UPDATES AND DETAILS ON HOW THE COUPLE WERE CAPTURED:

The couple are the parents of 15-year-old Ethan Crumbley who opened fire at Oxford High School on Tuesday, killing four students and wounding six other students and a teacher.

Due to the nature of their involvement and failure to intervene in their son’s behavior issues at school prior to the shooting, Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald announced on Friday that she was also charging the parents each with four counts of involuntary manslaughter.

However, McDonald reportedly failed to notify the sheriff’s department so they could take the parents into custody before she announced the charges, so the Crumbleys withdrew $4,000 from an ATM machine in Rochester, Michigan, and disappeared.

According to CNN, a law enforcement officer said the couple turned off their cell phones, so police could no longer track them.

The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office released photos of the couple, along with their vehicle, and the following announcement:

A “Be On the Lookout” (BOLO) alert has been issued for James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of Ethan Crumbley, the accused Oxford High School shooter. They are wanted on charges of Involuntary Manslaughter.

The Crumbleys are driving a black 2021 Kia Seltos SUV with the Michigan Plate DQG 5203. Please call 911 immediately if you have information about their whereabouts.

Friday night, the U.S. Marshals released “Wanted” posters for the Crumbleys and announced a reward of up to $10,000 each for information leading to their arrest.

The hunt intensified after midnight, when the car belonging to the Crumbleys was found in Detroit.

Fox News journalist Michael Ruiz shared photos and tweeted, “#BREAKING: A Detroit police spokesman tells us he can confirm positive identification on the #Crumbleys’ vehicle. A civilian spotted it. Police are searching the area.”

“Huge police presence. Armored truck just arrived. Streets shut down in all directions,” he added.

“Reached out to the #Crumbleys’ lawyers once again to see what they have to say. So far, nothing,” Ruiz tweeted, adding, “Update: Shannon Smith says she tried to reach the Crumbleys but call went right to voice mail. We’ve had the same result all day.”

“Here’s the vehicle. #Detroit police have the area on lockdown. US Marshals and state police also on scene. A local business owner tells us his alarm tripped around the same time a neighbor spotted the Crumbleys’ Kia,” Ruiz tweeted.

Larry Spruill Jr, a reporter for Local 4-WDIV, shared videos and updates as the search continued in the darkness.

An announcement posted on a Facebook page which shares information from the Detroit Police scanner stated that both James and Jennifer Crumbley have been taken into custody. They were found by Detroit Police in the basement of a building near the area where their car was found, according to information provided on the police scanner.

Reporter Larry Spruill confirmed that both James and Jennifer Crumbley are in custody. They were reportedly arrested around 1:45 a.m. Saturday morning.

In a press conference held at 3:00 a.m. Saturday morning, Detroit police said the couple were hiding in a room in a commercial building. They were taken into custody “without incident,” and were not armed.

The police chief said no one else is in custody except James and Jennifer Crumbley, but they are investigating one other person who allegedly assisted the couple and let them into the building.

Below is the short audio of the moment the police announced the couple had been captured:

Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.

Sign up for DML's newsletter
Previous articleOP-ED: Why Clinton cash is drying up, and where the money is now going
Next articleVIDEO: Biden admin’s response when asked if China is helping trace origins of COVID

5 COMMENTS

  1. STUPID TO THINK THEY COULD GET AWAY ! That is the kind of stupid thinking that got them and their son into this mess in the first place! The family that “kills” together “stays” together, in “JAIL” that is, police cars, jail bars and such!

  2. The Oxford school district, principal & counselor have a responsibility to keep its students safe which they failed to do.
    They must of realized that these parents are wacky during the interview & still decided to keep the threat in school!
    DA & media should add two more individuals to its list.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here