Today is March 5 and I am Dennis Michael Lynch. Below are my opinions on the stories grabbing headlines this morning. I hope you share this briefing as doing so will make you the smartest person in the room, in my opinion. And don’t forget to download the free DML App from the Google Play or Apple App Store to remain connected to me throughout the day.
1 – YouTube yanks down videos of Trump’s CPAC speech, punishes RSNB for live-streaming it
YouTube has gone after videos of former President Donald Trump’s CPAC speech last weekend, banning the videos from its platform unless a disclaimer is added denouncing Trump’s comments in his speech.
Fox News had live-streamed the video on its YouTube channel. That video is now gone, replaced with a message that states, “This video has been removed for violating YouTube’s terms of service.”
Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN), the conservative news broadcaster who has skyrocketed to popularity over the past five years for live-streaming all of Trump’s rallies, has now been suspended for two weeks as punishment for live-streaming the CPAC speech, after they refused to add a disclaimer denouncing his remarks. The video on their channel, which had been viewed nearly 4 million times, has also been removed.
NEW: RSBN has been suspended from YouTube for two weeks because of the Trump #CPAC2021 speech, which violated their guidelines on election misinformation.
The video was approaching 4 million views. They have also removed it from their platform.
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) March 4, 2021
RSBN tweeted, “It’s worth noting that according to YouTube’s terms, our video of Trump’s CPAC speech would have been allowed to stay up had we provided “countervailing viewpoints”. Essentially we would have had to go on air and say everything Trump just said about election fraud is not true.”
“Even if we believed that, we wouldn’t sell out like that and say it just to keep a video up. We try to follow the rules. Don’t air certain things that we normally would—but we won’t censor President Trump or push back against things he says that, quite frankly, we agree with.”
Even if we believed that, we wouldn’t sell out like that and say it just to keep a video up.
We try to follow the rules. Don’t air certain things that we normally would—but we won’t censor President Trump or push back against things he says that, quite frankly, we agree with.
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) March 4, 2021
Thursday night, RSBN announced they’ve moved to Rumble. “YouTube says you can’t see Trump’s CPAC speech it’s too dangerous. We got suspended for it. We’re playing it LIVE right now on @rumblevideo just because we can.”
YouTube says you can’t see Trump’s CPAC speech it’s too dangerous.
We got suspended for it.
— RSBN 🇺🇸 (@RSBNetwork) March 5, 2021
DML: This will never end!
2 – Dr. Seuss Books Deemed ‘Offensive’ Are Being Delisted From eBay
The Wall Street Journal reports: Online marketplace eBay Inc. said it is working to prevent the resale of six Dr. Seuss books that were pulled earlier this week by the company in charge of the late author’s works because they contain offensive imagery.
“EBay is currently sweeping our marketplace to remove these items,” a spokeswoman for the company said in an email. New copies of the six books were no longer for sale online at major retailers such as Barnes & Noble on Thursday afternoon, which put eBay among the most prominent platforms for the books to be sold.
Hundreds of listings for the six books could be found on the platform as of Thursday morning, though the number appeared to be lower than it was on Wednesday evening. The eBay spokeswoman said that it would take some time to review seller listings and that the company was monitoring newly published listings.
Dr. Seuss Enterprises LP, which oversees Dr. Seuss’s publishing interests and ancillary areas, Tuesday said it had decided that six of the famed author’s books—“And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street”; “If I Ran the Zoo”; “McElligot’s Pool”; “On Beyond Zebra!”; “Scrambled Eggs Super!” and “The Cat’s Quizzer”—would no longer be published because they “portray people in ways that are hurtful and wrong.”
— Cʜɪᴢᴀᴅ ⚜️🥃 (@AUChizad) March 4, 2021
DML: What are they going to come after next? Bibles?
3 – Canceled by Amazon: Clarence Thomas, Michael Brown documentaries, books on gender top growing list
Fox News reports: Amazon, the online retailer founded by liberal billionaire Jeff Bezos, has developed a reputation for canceling content that doesn’t coincide with progressive politics.
In recent memory Amazon has removed books from its online store, used its web services to deplatform a social media app popular with conservatives an even blocked a film about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas from its streaming service.
Here are some of the examples so far:
- “Created Equal: Clarence Thomas in His Own Words” The documentary about Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas vanished from Amazon’s streaming service during Black History Month.
- “When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment” Conservative author Ryan T. Anderson said this week his book, “When Harry Became Sally: Responding to the Transgender Moment,” was removed from Amazon last month.
- Parler – the social media platform used by conservatives, kicked off Amazon, shortly after its app was booted off Google Play and the Apple App store.
- “Unreported Truths about COVID-19 and Lockdowns” A book about coronavirus and lockdowns by Alex Berenson was kicked off Amazon until a huge backlash forced them to add it back on.
- “What Killed Michael Brown?” Filmmaker Eli Steele said last year Amazon blocked his film about the death of Michael Brown from appearing on its platform.
- Washington Redskins merchandise all removed from Amazon.
- Ads for “Irreversible Damage: The Transgender Craze Seducing Our Daughters” – A prominent conservative publisher alleged last year that Amazon suspended a paid ad campaign for one of its books, claiming that it contains objectionable content about sexual orientation.
DML: There are just no words.
4 – Family says county kicked them off their own land for living in RV
WSB-TV reported recently about a family in Polk County, Georgia who has been prohibited from living on their own land.
Tim Leslie spent almost every penny he had, including a pension and 401(k) savings, to buy and clear the land near Cedartown in Polk County in November of 2020.
Leslie, his wife Amy and their two children, 9-year-old Knox and 18-month-old Daisy, planned to live there in their RV, in an effort to be more self-sufficient after he lost his job due to the coronavirus pandemic. They have chickens, goats, a vegetable garden and plenty of space to roam around in the fresh air.
“We plan on building a forever home here and, you know, growing old and giving it to our kids,” Tim Leslie said. Then the county stepped in and forced them to move to an RV park, slapping them with a citation for living in their recreational vehicle on their own property.
“Before I could go to court, they showed up at my property, the building inspector and the code enforcement officer, and told me that I had to be off my land or they were going to seize my vehicles and my assets,” Leslie said.
The Polk County police chief cited a zoning rule that states “temporary buildings and trailers shall not be allowed in any district except when utilized for construction site contracting work.” Another code reported requires that “single family dwellings contain 12-hundred square feet minimum.”
A municipal court has ruled against Leslie, but a a superior court judge has agreed to hear his case. CLICK HERE to watch a video report and interview with Leslie. (On the video, click the volume button to turn on sound.)
Family says county kicked them off their own land for living in RV https://t.co/7HgHoJTWHz
— WSB-TV (@wsbtv) February 25, 2021
DML: If you’re not severely disturbed by this, you need to WAKE UP!
5 – Baltimore high school student fails all but 3 classes over 4 years, ranks near top half of class
Fox News reports: A Baltimore high school student failed all but three classes over four years and almost graduated near the top half of his class with a 0.13 GPA, according to a local report.
Tiffany France, the mother of the failing student, thought her son would be receiving his diploma from Augusta Fells Savage Institute of Visual Arts in June. However, she was surprised to discover that he is being sent back to the ninth grade to start over.
France’s son failed 22 classes and was late or absent 272 days over his first three years of high school. Only one teacher requested a parent-teacher conference, but France said that didn’t happen. Despite this, her son still ranked 62nd in his class out of 120 total students.
France expressed frustration with the school, asking why her son would have to complete three more years of high school after “the school failed him.”
DML: This explains why Baltimore is in BIG trouble. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below!
DML’s PARTING WORDS: Don’t miss this amazing DML CBD deal for gummy chews. Go to DMLcbd.com/gum now for details!