Below is my latest Op-Ed. Please read and share on your social media accounts.
Written by DML
According to a new poll conducted in partnership by the Wall Street Journal and NBC News, with just 6 weeks to go before the 2018 midterm elections, Democrats hold a 12-point lead in congressional preference among registered voters.
The poll goes on to state that nearly six-in-ten voters say they’d like to see significant change in the direction President Donald Trump has been leading the country.
NBC News writes: “The results suggest a political environment where Democrats have the clear advantage in their pursuit to win back control of Congress in November.”
“Americans are hitting the brake in a midterm, and trying to send the signal that they’re not satisfied,” said Republican pollster Bill McInturff, who conducted the survey with Democratic pollsters at Hart Research Associates. “The public is clearly saying, once again, they want to shake up the status quo,” added Democratic pollster Fred Yang.
Lets be clear about one thing before I list questions you need to ask your liberal friends and family. As seen in 2016, polls are no longer a trusted tool in measuring the outcomes for elections. One would think both the WSJ and NBC News would pick up on this fact.
Although Trump hasn’t come through yet on the huge promises he made connected to immigration and Obamacare, he has done much to improve the country since Obama handed over the keys.
So, for the sake of you not taking the ridiculous poll results to heart, I pose ten questions you should all ask our friends and family members who make up the alleged “6-in-10” people who want a change of direction.
1) Q: The U.S. unemployment rate is at an all time low, would you prefer the rate go back up? If so, why? And as a follow up, do you even want a job?
2) Q: ISIS is near decapitated. Would you prefer they rise again so they can decapitate the innocent?
3) Q: The IRAN deal is dead, would you prefer IRAN have access to nukes?
4) Q: The nations that make up NATO are starting to pay their fair share, would you prefer America pick up the entire bill again?
5) Q: The military is getting back on its feet in terms of size and power, would you prefer to have it weakened again?
6) Q: Taxes have been slashed for most Americans, businesses are doing better, and the stock market is higher. Would you prefer higher taxes, businesses failing, and a stock market crash?
7) Q: Recent hurricanes in Houston and Florida were handled much faster than the acts of God that took place during the Obama years, would you prefer this not be the case?
8) Q: The celebration of Christmas is no longer a bad thing, why would you want that changed?
9) Q: Although not perfect, the travel ban has worked in terms of measuring the number of terror attacks on US soil, would you prefer another 9/11?
10) Q: Cable TV news ratings are off the charts, would you prefer to go back to watching daytime soaps?
Let me know who answers, and how they answer. Email me at [email protected], and don’t forget to download the DML NEWS APP for free at the IOS Store or the Google Play Store. Tell your friends to do the same, especially your liberal buddies. Who knows, maybe they’ll fall into line with the 4-in-10 who recognize reality when it slaps them in the face.