Sign up for DML's newsletter

In a press briefing Sunday afternoon, Raul Ortiz, Chief of the United States Border Patrol, provided an update on the flood of illegal aliens that have crossed the river near Del Rio, Texas and are camping under a bridge.

By Saturday, approximately 15,000 individuals, mostly Haitians, had crossed over into the United States, completely overwhelming the Border Patrol.

Texas Governor Greg Abbott sent a massive number of state troopers to the area Saturday evening, and they were able to stop more migrants from crossing the river in that area, while DHS brought in buses in order to start transporting the migrants from the bridge camp to processing facilities.

The Biden administration had announced on Friday that the Haitians would be deported back to Haiti. However, according to Fox News reporter Bill Melugin, the majority of them will NOT be deported.

At the press briefing, Ortiz said so far, they have moved approximately 3,300 individuals from the camp under the bridge to processing locations, and said they hope to have the crowd under the bridge cleared out within the next 6 or 7 days. Currently, about 12,000 remain there.

“We are working with source and transit countries to accept migrants who previously resided in those countries. DHS is also working to accelerate an increase the frequency of Title 42 flights to expel individuals to Haiti and other countries of origin,” Ortiz said.

Ortiz then shared a warning for any migrants who might be thinking of crossing over, saying, “Migrants attempting or considering making the journey to our border should know that we are still enforcing CDC Title 42 order, and that they will not be allowed to enter the United States. They will be removed and they will be sent back to their country of origin as mandated under our current law.”

“Our partners at the State Department are working to ensure there is adequate support when they land in Haiti,” he added.

After the press briefing, Fox News reporter Bill Melugin provided additional clarification, tweeting, “U.S. Border Patrol Chief Raul Ortiz says there are currently 12,600 migrants under the bridge in Del Rio. Told me single adult men will be expelled via Title 42, but most family units will be processed and released into US w/ NTA (notice to appear).”

“For the migrants who are being expelled, repatriation flights have already started. The Mayor of Del Rio says he knows of several flights that have flown out of San Antonio already,” he added.

Melugin added in another tweet, “NEW: CBP sources confirm in the last 24 hrs they have processed 2,166 migrants in Del Rio sector, meaning approx 12-13k still at bridge. At least two buses are taking single adult men to Weslaco in the Rio Grande Valley, a sector where they are already 500% over capacity.”

Sunday morning, Melugin shared a photo from their drone, which has been allowed back up in the air over the migrant camp.

“From our @FoxNews drone, a look at the migrant camp under the international bridge in Del Rio this morning, where thousands migrants remain after they crossed into the US illegally.”

Below is the press briefing with Chief Ortiz on Sunday:

Gov. Abbott announced on Twitter, “Texas Dept of Public Safety troopers & Texas National Guard are stanching the flow of illegal migrants trying to cross into the Del Rio region. More Law Enforcement & National Guard are added daily to secure the region from the potential influx of illegal immigrants.”

Below is a video Melugin posted Saturday evening. “As of 7:15pm Del Rio time, here is what the situation under the international bridge looks like, where close to 15,000 migrants have camped out after crossing illegally. Many of the migrants have constructed makeshift shelters from sticks and plants,” he wrote.

DML News App and TeamDML.com founder Dennis Michael Lynch said in a Facebook Live video Sunday morning that he did not believe the Biden administration would be deporting the Haitian migrants back to Haiti, despite their promise to do so.  WATCH BELOW:

Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.

Sign up for DML's newsletter
Previous articleVIDEO: Biden goes for bike ride amid national crises, speeds by shouting reporters
Next articleREPORT: Biden administration reveals states where Afghan refugees are headed

9 COMMENTS

  1. Yep, more welfare recipients! All on us the taxpayers! And where the hell are the republicans! I am mad as hell and I am NOT going to take it anymore! F Joe Biden

  2. WELL AMERICANS WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT?
    WHERE DO YOU THINK THESE FILTHY CRIMINAL ILLEGALS ARE GOING TO GO?
    THESE ARE NOT POOR PEOPLE, THEY ARE BIG AND WELL FED, SEND THEM ALL BACK THIS HAS TO END AND AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE THE ONES THAT ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIGHT BACK.
    THE GOVERNMENT HAS GONE ROGUE ON ITS CITIZENS AND THE COUNTRY, ITS NOT FOLLOWING THE CONSTITUTION, WE DO NOT MATTER TO POS BIDEN OR HIS SCUMBAG CABINET, ITS TIME FOR AMERICA TO STAND UP FOR ITS COUNTRY BEFORE ITS TOO LATE AND BY THE LOOK OF WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW ITS TOO LATE, THE POS BIDEN HAS GIVEN THEM THE WORD.
    WE DO NOT WANT THESE CRIMINAL ILLEGALS HERE AND WE DO NOT WANT TO PAY FOR THEM EITHER.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here