DennisMichaelLynch.com
|
Monday, August 15, 2022
Home News Feed Powered by DMLNewsApp REPORT: 11-year-old dies in firework accident, ‘gone in the blink of an...
Candles inside the Cathedral in La Cite, Carcassonne in Languedoc-Roussilon, France, Europe.

REPORT: 11-year-old dies in firework accident, ‘gone in the blink of an eye’

Sign up for DML's newsletter

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonExaminer:

A young boy in Indiana died Sunday night after he was injured in a fireworks accident, authorities said.

The child, identified as Camrynn Ray McMichael, was playing with fireworks around 9:42 p.m., when he became seriously injured, Indiana State Police said Monday.

The article goes on to state the following:

He was rushed to a local hospital but died of his wounds on the way there, authorities said.


His mother said in a statement that he was “gone .. in the blink of an eye,”

She spoke with WFIE and said her son was an avid lover of sports.

She said, “He’s dedicated. He never missed a game, workout, practice or volunteering.”

Mt. Vernon School Superintendent Dr. Matt Thompson said, “The school district is saddened by the loss of Camrynn. We are finalizing plans to provide grief counseling later this week for students and staff. It is tragic to lose such a young, energetic life, and we hope to support those impacted by his loss.”

According to the report, the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.

WRTV tweeted Monday, “This is Camrynn Ray McMichael. The 11-year-old died Sunday after family says he was playing with fireworks. In a statement to ABC affiliate WEHT, Camrynn’s mom says he was ‘every parents dream of a boy’ who loved his little sister.”

The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast is available below. Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show by downloading The DML News App or go to Apple Podcasts.

To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonExaminer.

9 COMMENTS

    • That’s what I want to know!! We only go to watch them in our town and let the professionals handle all of that!! My son bought several boxes a couple of years ago right after Covid and built a platform and handled everything just as the professionals instructed and made certain his children were not even close! Sounds like it could’ve been something that is sold at a Walmart and supposedly not dangerous for children. Something must’ve gone terribly wrong. I’m so sad for the family! And his friends. So so sad!

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here