REPORT: Experts reveal why roommate may not have called 911 after facing Idaho killer

Sign up for DML's newsletter

If you paid for a TeamDML Membership and would like to see every article, and see them without the ads, please click here. If you are NOT a member, or if your Membership has expired, and you would like to join TeamDML please click here.

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Fox News:

The Idaho murder victims’ surviving female roommate likely didn’t call for help after coming face-to-face with accused killer Bryan Kohberger because she may have been paralyzed by fear and confusion, experts told Fox News Digital.

The roommate — one of two who survived the attack — faced swift backslash after it was revealed in an affidavit Thursday that she awoke Nov. 13 and looked directly at the alleged murderer as he fled, then locked herself in her bedroom.

“When a person goes through trauma, they are going to experience fight, flight or freeze,” said Dr. Katherine Kuhlman, a police and public safety psychologist based in Arizona. “Most people in their entire lives won’t have to deal with this type of trauma and won’t mentally prepare for it.”

Kohberger is accused of slaughtering Kaylee Goncalves, 21, Madison Mogen, 21, Ethan Chapin, 20, and Xana Kernodle, 20.

At about 4:20 a.m., one of the surviving roommates, whose name is not included in the report, said she heard crying coming from Kernodle’s room and opened her bedroom door

The affidavit reads: “[The roommate] saw a figure clad in black clothing and a mask that covered the person’s mouth and nose walking towards her. The male walked past [the roommate] as she stood in a ‘frozen shock phase.’”

The girl ran back to her bedroom and locked the door, and did not call 911 until nearly 8 hours later, around noon.

Molly Parmer, a criminal defense attorney, also addressed the case in a Fox News interview, and noted that the roommate may have been intoxicated herself, was in a state of shock, and didn’t realize the gravity of what had just happened.


News Nation reporter Brian Entin tweeted on Friday, “The house where the murders happened at 1122 King Road in Moscow will remain a crime scene until at least February 1, according to this order from the judge. Court filings show the defense asked for the scene to be preserved, and judge agreed.”

Investigators were seen removing mattresses and furniture from the home on Friday:

To get more information about this article, please visit Fox News.

The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast is available below. Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show by downloading The DML News App or go to Apple Podcasts.