REPORT: Firefighters save puppy who overdosed on fentanyl

Sign up for DML's newsletter

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by WashingtonExaminer:

Firefighters in Michigan are being hailed as heroes after they used Narcan to rescue a puppy who fell victim to a fentanyl overdose.

The owners of the puppy brought the pet to firefighters in Coldwater, Michigan, after she overdosed, according to a Nov. 19 Facebook post by Coldwater Firefighters Local 2555.

“The puppies name is Whip and she got into a fentanyl patch and overdosed,” the post read.


They continued, “The owners where able to bring her do us and we administered two doses of Naloxone (Narcan).”

“She will be monitored until her follow up with her veterinarian,” they added.


The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast is available below. Never miss an episode. Subscribe to the show by downloading The DML News App or go to Apple Podcasts.

To get more information about this article, please visit WashingtonExaminer.

4 COMMENTS

  1. Thanks to the firemen for their quick action. What I am wondering is how did the people who brought the puppy to the firemen know the puppy got into a fentanyl patch. HUH? Were they users? fentanyl is listed under Analgesics in the 2022 formulary list. It is used after open heart surgeries.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here