As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Breitbart:
Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) announced a major push to curb Big Tech’s political bias and censorship today, with measures including a ban on the censorship of political candidates and mandatory opt-outs of content filters for citizens of the Sunshine State.
In a 45-minute speech, the governor identified Big Tech companies as the leading threat to American democracy and freedom of expression today, and pledged that Florida Republicans would take action.
The article goes on to state the following:
The new regulations announced by DeSantis include:
- Mandatory opt-outs from big tech’s content filters, a solution to tech censorship.
- A private right of action for Floridian citizens against tech companies that violate this condition.
- Fines of $100,000 per day levied on tech companies that suspend candidates for elected office in Florida from their platforms.
- Daily fines for any tech company “that uses their content and user-related algorithms to suppress or prioritize the access of any content related to a political candidate or cause on the ballot.”
- Greater transparency requirements.
- Disclosure requirements enforced by Florida’s election authorities for tech companies that favor one candidate over another.
- Power for the Florida attorney general to bring cases against tech companies that violate these conditions under the state’s Unfair and Deceptive Practices Act.
During the press conference DeSantis called attention to the significance of these issues saying, “What began as a group of upstart companies from the west coast has since transformed into an industry of monopoly communications platforms that monitor, influence, and control the flow of information in our country and among our citizens, and they do this to an extent hitherto unimaginable. These platforms have changed from neutral platforms that provided Americans with the freedom to speak to enforcers of preferred narratives. Consequently, these platforms have played an increasingly decisive role in elections, and have negatively impacted Americans who dissent from orthodoxies favored by the Big Tech cartel.”
WATCH LIVE: Press Conference in Tallahasseehttps://t.co/Ihgd08c0rZ
— Ron DeSantis (@GovRonDeSantis) February 2, 2021
— Allum Bokhari (@LibertarianBlue) February 2, 2021
The Dennis Michael Lynch Podcast for Feb 2 is below. In this podcast DML focuses on getting kids back to school instead of having the COVID-19 scare monsters and teachers keeping them at home. He also rips into the elitists trying to destroy Trump and his base and explains how Trumpism (MAGA) can reach new heights, even without Trump. Please listen and share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.
To get more information about this article, please visit Breitbart.