As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Breitbart:
A plan circulated by President Joe Biden’s administration to provide border crossers subjected to former President Trump’s “Zero Tolerance” policy with $450,000 payouts has seemingly stalled amidst backlash.
Biden’s Departments of Justice (DOJ), Homeland Security (DHS), and Health and Human Services (HHS) are working to settle with a number of border crossers represented by the ACLU, who claim they have suffered trauma as a result of the Zero Tolerance policy.
The article goes on to state the following:
As part of the settlement, attorneys with the DOJ, DHS, and HHS are considering a plan that would give each border crosser about $450,000 and family units about $1 million. The total cost of the payouts would reach $1 billion.
A report by the Associated Press on Nov. 18 begins as follows:
Migrants whose children were taken from them under former President Donald Trump’s zero-tolerance border policy have not reached a settlement agreement with the U.S. government, a lawyer for the families said Thursday as he and other advocates pushed back at increasing criticism of a proposal to pay compensation to them.
Attorney Lee Gelernt of the American Civil Liberties Union would not discuss details of the talks nor confirm a previously reported settlement proposal of several hundred thousand dollars to each affected person. He did, however, hold out the possibility of a trial, featuring parents separated from children as young as six months as witnesses, if there’s no agreement to end the litigation.
“All I can say is there’s no deal on the table and we have no timeframe necessarily,” Gelernt said in a conference call with reporters.
— FAIR (@FAIRImmigration) November 19, 2021
News of the plan by the Biden administration to give $450,000 to each illegal alien separated at the border was first reported in late October by the Wall Street Journal.
The Associated Press revealed the plan had been under consideration for months, until the WSJ exposed it:
The settlement talks had been going on quietly for months when The Wall Street Journal reported in October that the Justice Department was considering paying about $450,000 to each person affected. The Associated Press later confirmed the figure had been under consideration.
The U.S. is in talks to offer immigrant families separated at the border in 2018 about $450,000 a person in compensation, people familiar with the matter say https://t.co/mmY60OIfHy
— The Wall Street Journal (@WSJ) October 28, 2021
To get more information about this article, please visit Breitbart.
Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.