Sign up for DML's newsletter

As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by CBS News:

A Florida judge on Saturday gave initial approval to a settlement of more than $1 billion to families who lost loved ones in the collapse last year of a Florida beachfront condominium building in which 98 people died.

The quick settlement of the unprecedented collapse of the 12-story Champlain Towers South building in the early morning hours of June 24, 2021, means that potentially years of court battles will be avoided.

The article goes on to state the following:

Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Michael Hanzman, who is overseeing the lawsuits filed after the collapse, said during a hearing held remotely it was the best possible outcome given the loss of life and property in the disaster.


“It is a great result,” said Hanzman ahead of giving the preliminary approval, which came Friday. “This was a very contested deal.”

 

To get more information about this article, please visit CBS News.

Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.

Sign up for DML's newsletter
Previous articleREPORT: Texas probing whether Peter Arredondo had police radio during disastrous school shooting response
Next articleREPORT: Sister of Salvador Ramos is a member of US military

2 COMMENTS

  1. 1 Billion divided by everyone isn’t enough. Still they don’t know the cause so they claim. The company used seawater for the cement instead of regular water. No one has figured it out and the ones who know haven’t spoken up. Shame on you silent POS!

  2. Very true doesnt smell good to me either . I suppose a settlement means NO moving foward ??? Avoiding real consequence ?? Hmmmm

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here