As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by DailyMail:
Uvalde’s school district police chief is under fire for refusing to let his officers engage the active shooter at Robb Elementary School, after the gunman barricaded himself in a classroom as kids cowered inside and called 911.
During a bombshell presser Friday, Texas Department of Public Safety head Steven McCraw slammed Chief Pete Arredondo for failing to engage 18-year-old Salvador Ramos, mistakenly believing the teen had finished his killing spree and was hiding out from cops.
The article goes on to state the following:
Arredondo, 50, [has] become the focus of backlash from parents wondering if their children could have been saved.
Thr Daily Mail published the following information about Arredondo, reporting that he:
- was born in Uvalde
- was elected to city council just days before the massacre
- has had an unremarkable career as a cop
- started his law enforcement career as a 911 dispatcher for Uvalde’s town police department in 1993
- worked his way up to eventually assume the role of assistant police chief at the department in 2010
- worked various roles at Webb County Sheriff’s Office in Laredo
- moved to the city’s school district police force, United ISD, which is comprised of 88 sworn peace officers
- was offered the position of school district police chief in his native Uvalde [in March].
During a press briefing Friday, McCraw revealed that 911 calls had been made by students who were trapped in the classroom with Ramos
Meanwhile, Arredondo and his men thought it was a barricade situation and they stayed out of the room for more than an hour.
“With the benefit of hindsight, from where I’m sitting now, of course it was not the right decision,” McCraw said (emphasis added). “It was the wrong decision, period.”
Uvalde school district police chief, Pete Arredondo, who ordered cops NOT to engage Texas gunman is a former 911 dispatcher https://t.co/4N06tYNZg5
— Daily Mail US (@DailyMail) May 27, 2022
This is Pedro “Pete” Arredondo, Uvalde school police chief identified as commander who decided not to breach classroom. #UvaldeschoolMassacre #uvaldetexas #UvaldeMassacre #UvaldePoliceCowards #UvaldePolice pic.twitter.com/3Dk7u2lhNF
— FreedomJustice (@misatelefoni) May 27, 2022
Pressure is going to mount on Uvalde School District Police Chief Pete Arredondo– who TX DPS was the incident commander that decided to wait…
— Nick Penzenstadler (@npenzenstadler) May 27, 2022
To get more information about this article, please visit DailyMail.
Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.