As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by Breitbart:
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) proposed on Wednesday to hire 100,000 police officers to combat the rising spike in violence under President Joe Biden’s administration.
Hawley released his proposal as Biden plans to address the rising crime in the country just months into his first term. Homicides and violent crime have dramatically increased as police departments, and law enforcement agencies face defunding.
The article goes on to state the following:
Hawley’s office said the increase in crime and low morale has led to many departments face a glut of recruits.
“Violent crime is surging across the country. Our families need protection,” Hawley tweeted Saturday. “Our cops need support. We should raise officers’ pay and put 100,000 new cops on the beat.”
Violent crime is surging across the country. Our families need protection. Our cops need support. We should raise officers’ pay and put 100,000 new cops on the beat
— Josh Hawley (@HawleyMO) June 23, 2021
According to the report, Hawley’s proposal would:
- Propose a grant to local communities to support the hiring of an additional 100,000 law enforcement officers.
- Increase maximum penalties for assaulting federal officers by 50 percent.
- Propose a bill to protect federal judges, prosecutors, and law enforcement officers from violence and doing by requiring the Justice Department and Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to protect their private information.
- Increase penalties for damage to federal courthouses.
- Amend the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (LEOSA) to expand concealed carry rights to federal judges and prosecutors.
- Create a separate criminal offense for targeting a person based on their status as a law enforcement officer.
Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) proposed on Wednesday to hire 100,000 police officers to combat the rising spike in violence under President Joe Biden’s administration. https://t.co/iGb5zT3nXO
— Breitbart News (@BreitbartNews) June 23, 2021
Listen to the latest daily DML podcasts below! Then please share. And if you have the DML NEWS APP, please tell people to download it today and help conservatives have a real voice.
To get more information about this article, please visit Breitbart.