As the most reliable and balanced news aggregation service on the internet, DML News App offers the following information published by NYTimes.com:
Federal prosecutors signaled in a court document released on Thursday that it was unlikely they would file additional charges in the hush-money investigation that ensnared members of Donald J. Trump’s inner circle and threatened to derail his presidency.
In the document, the prosecutors said they had “effectively concluded” their inquiry, which centered on payments made during the 2016 presidential campaign to buy the silence of two women who said they had had affairs with Mr. Trump.
The article goes on to state the following:
The outcome appears to be a legal victory for Mr. Trump, who prosecutors implicated last year in the campaign finance violations. He had denied the affairs and any wrongdoing, but his aides considered the inquiry a greater threat than even the special counsel’s investigation into Russian interference in the election.
CNBC further reported:
According to the documents, the FBI suspected that Trump talked to Cohen and Hicks at the time about “the need” to Daniels from going public right before the presidential election that year.
An FBI agent wrote in the document that, “I believe that at least some of these communications concerned the need to prevent Clifford [Stephanie Clifford aka Stormy Daniels] from going public, particularly in the wake of the Access Hollywood story.”
Daniels claims she had sex with Trump in the mid-2000s. Cohen has said he paid her $130,000, at Trump’s behest, in October 2016 to avoid Daniels going public with her allegation.
To get more information about this article, please visit NYTimes.com.